Friday, July 3, 2015

Summer Classroom haul!!

Hello again! Although it is only July I have started getting some awesome things for my classroom. Today I hit up a few of my favorite places and scored big! First I went to Dollar Tree (actually I went to two different Dollar Tree's), I then went to Target (once again  I went to two different Targets), and Family Dollar, and finally 5 Below.


 Every summer I plan on revamping a section of my classroom. Last summer I bought all new bins for my class library. This year my goal is to jazz up my theme, and my centers. So I kept that in mind as I shopped.
I will start off with the goodies I found at target. I mainly only shop at the dollar spot, but occasionally I wander off to the office section as well. I bought new baskets for pencils. My kids sit at tables and I put one basket of pencils and erasers at each table. I also found these awesome dry erase pouches for $1!!! WHOA! I plan on using them for centers or guided reading. I also got two  pocket charts. I am starting whole brain teaching and I plan on using these for my super improver wall. I also got these lanyards for hall/bathroom passes. I like the idea of having the kids wear the pass so they don't have to sit it down in the restroom. YUCK!
I found these black bins in the dollar spot for $3. I liked them because they are a rubbery like bin. I think they will hold up better than the hard plastic ones. I got them in black because I thought they wouldn't show the dirt as easily and they match my space theme. I think I'm going to use them as table baskets. I plan on putting the magazine holder in the black bin for their notebooks. I'm not sure if it will work or not yet. If not, they were only $1 and I'm sure I can find some other uses for them. I also got this great storage container at target. This was in the container section. I love how it has all the little bins inside of it. I think it will work great for my word work centers. It was the most expensive thing I got $9.00 (I think).


I found this grade book and lesson plan book in the dollar spot for $1 each! Now, I do keep my grades online and I do most of my planning online as well, but I also like to keep a paper copy. I found these cute star clips for $3. I plan on making a NO NAME display, and the stars matched my space theme. The stamps and the stamp pads were both a $3 and makes grading papers a little more fun :). I am super excited about these dry erase labels!They were only a dollar! I plan on putting them on my center bins. 


I got the number magnets for a math center. Once again only $1 from target. I found this magnetic mesh cup in the back to school supplies. I'll put that up on my board for my markers and eraser. I believe it was $2.99.

This stuff all came from Dollar Tree. I got the bins for my art supplies. I have a lot of nice cabinet space but the clear shoe box bins are to long and my doors will not shut. So I saw these and they are a bit shorter than my other bins so I got 4 of each. I found these pouches as well. I'm not sure what I'll do with them yet, but I always need some thing for task cards, reward cards etc... The next thing I found are these little round containers. I am lucky enough to have a ipad for each student, and they need a place to store their ear buds. I used to keep a bin for all of them but they were always getting tangled. I figured I could put their class number on the top and they can keep them at their seat.
I always need clothes pins. I use them for hanging up student work, and for my behavior chart. I found this timer and I'm going to add it to my fluency center. I got 6. We will see how long they last. I also got some erasers. You can never have to many erasers! I also got some blue and green duct tape. I like using it on the floor around desks for students who need a visual staying in their space.


I got these mailing labels. I label my books for my library so the kids know how to put the books away. They are also handy for many many more things, and for $1 you can't go wrong. Next are some magnetic clips. My students like to give me art work, so I like to display it on the board with these clips. I was very excited when I found the alphabet blocks. They are just like scrabble tiles, and I plan on using them for a center. I also picked up another pack of magnetic numbers for a math center.


My dust pan was looking pretty gross at the end of the last year so, I picked up a new one. I also got some new playing cards for math centers. These dry erase markers are great for students to use because they have a eraser on the cap. It is handy and takes up less space. And for 3 for $1 why not!

This stuff I got at Family Dollar. The games where on clearance for $2.10 so I grabbed them. I can make a math  center out of them or use them for indoor recess. I love using beach balls for class games. I got a new one because mine from last year has a small hole. 

In 5 below I found this star light for $5. I thought it went well with my space theme and reminded of the star and moon light from IKEA that I planned on getting for way less! I plan on hanging it above my library. 


Well that is everything I got today. I had a great time looking around for good deals. I'm sure I'll find more as the summer goes along.  Let me know if you have found any great deals, or if you have any ideas for my space theme!


Katie 


No comments:

Post a Comment