Monday, July 6, 2015

Product Review- Scotch Thermal Laminator

Hello everyone!!! Today I have a review on the Scotch Thermal Laminator. I've had mine for about a year and a half ago. I bought it from either Walmart or Target. It costs $19.99. I have to say it is one of the best purchases I've ever made! It makes my life so much easier.  My school has a big laminator but it runs out of laminate ALL the time, or it is broken, or there is a LONG line.
The machine works great. It seals the laminate very well. I'd say it's even better than the big one we have at my school. The laminate doesn't separate if you cut it. It is a very thick plastic, and is very durable. You have to use the Scotch Thermal Laminating Pouches and they can get a little pricey.(about $20) I get mine at SAMS club, but you can get them at Walmart or Target. They are 8.5 by 11. So a standard piece of paper fits nicely. I do wish they made one a bit larger so I can protect some of my larger things.

When you first turn on the laminator you must wait till it heats up and the blue light comes on. It does take a bit of time for it, but my school one takes 45 min! I normally turn it on, and go and get my stuff ready to laminate. I have had a few times when I didn't put the paper in straight and it crinkled as it went through. I just put it back in, making sure this time it was straight and it takes the crinkles out. 

I love this thing! I keep it at home, so that I can get my stuff ready there. But I am considering buying a second to keep in my class. You know for those late nights in your class.  

I hope this helped if you were thinking about buying a laminator.

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment